March 1, 2012

[ CREATE & TELL ] recipe box dividers


I recently completed a project I've been planning for months now - Project: Organize Recipe Box. Now that I've done it, I don't know what I was waiting for! It was such a quick and easy project. I took pictures along the way and have them, along with step-by-step instructions, for you after the jump!



1. Grab your recipe box (I got mine for a couple bucks at a thrift store) and all your favorite recipes; on index cards, scraps of paper, or cut out of a magazine - however you have them!

2. Collect fun or pretty card stock to use as dividers; I had these food photography samples tucked away waiting to be put to good use. If you can't find card stock that you like, use any paper and simple glue to an index card or a piece of card stock to reinforce.

3. Cut paper to size of index card (mine are 4x6)

4. I found these self-adhesive SMASH tabs at Paper Source for about $3, but you could use any tabs you can find, or make your own tabs the old fashioned way with paper and glue. Label each tab with a recipe category for sorting. ie. drinks, apps, entrees, sweets

5. Adhere tabs to dividers, staggering the position for easy browsing.

6. Finally, place your new - cute! - dividers into your recipe box, along with all your recipes, sorting by category.

And now you have and extremely functional, and equally adorable recipe box. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment